Orlando is the #1 destination to visit in the USA, welcoming a record-breaking 72 million visitors in 2017. The holidays are a truly magical time to visit Orlando, with fabulous events all around. When you’re staying at a vacation home, it opens up even more amazing ways to spend the holiday season. Keep reading to discover fun ways to spend the holidays at Reunion Resort.
1) Dining at Eleven
One of the featured luxury dining experiences at Reunion Resort is Eleven. Situated at the top of the 11th floor of the towering Reunion Grande building, Eleven provides a luxurious dining experience for the whole family. Enjoy a Christmas dinner at Eleven with a menu featuring seasonal specials including Winter Fig Salad, Prime Rib, Pan Seared Sea Bass and more! You can even watch the magical Walt Disney World fireworks with a stellar view from the restaurant. Spend the holidays dining here, reservations are highly recommended. View more Reunion Dining Experiences!
2) Pampering at the Reunion Resort Spa
The Reunion Resort spa is a great way to treat yourself and your loved ones this Holiday season! You have the option to visit the boutique spa in the resort, or even have the masseuse come to you! Enjoy a poolside massage and be able to truly relax without stress this holiday season. Be sure to call 407.662.4772 to book your holiday spa trip!
3) Enjoying Your Magical Vacation Home
Make your holidays Magical by staying at an amazing Magical Vacation Home rental. Make a meal with the whole family at your own kitchen and sit down to dine all together. Escape the crowds of the theme parks by relaxing in your own private villa. Even get to decorate your home for the holidays with Christmas tree rentals!
Holidays are truly magical with a stay at Magical Vacation Homes! You can even stay in your very own Castle at The Reunion Castle, a brand new home designed for your vacation with 10 bedrooms, a custom infinity pool, secret playrooms and the same high-tech golf simulator that the pros use!
4) Golfing at Legendary Courses
Reunion Resort features 3 award-winning golf courses designed by some of the biggest names in golf. Featuring the Arnold Palmer Legacy Course, the Tom Watson Independence Course, and the Jack Nicklaus Tradition Course, Reunion Resort is truly a golfer’s paradise. Spend the holiday season enjoying the beautiful Florida weather and golfing on some of the best courses in Florida.
5) Relaxing by the Reunion Resort Pools and Water Park
On your vacation to the Sunshine State, maximize your time soaking up the sun at the beautiful Reunion Resort pools! Even during the colder months of the Holidays, Florida weather is perfect for relaxing poolside! Reunion Resort features 8 different community pools in addition to a Water Park and Pool exclusive for registered house guests — ask our reservations team for more info about house guest registration! Of course, a majority of our rentals include your own private pool, but if you’re looking to socialize poolside this holiday season, Reunion Resort pools are the place to be!
Maximize your time during the Holidays at Reunion Resort with all of these incredible amenities! Holidays in Orlando are unlike anywhere else, and are sure to be a magical time!
According to AAA Travel, Orlando is the #1 destination for travel this 4th of July! It’s easy to see why, especially when we have theme parks known for their awe-inspiring fireworks spectaculars happening nightly! If you’re planning to be at the theme parks or in the Orlando area for Independence Day celebrations this July 4th, we’ve put together a guide for you!
Our first Magical tip: the theme parks fill up very fast on the 4th of July, so be sure to keep that in mind when you are planning your day! There will be heavy crowds, so plan for long wait times for rides and characters and make sure to scope out your fireworks spot early!
Epcot is the #1 spot for Independence Day celebrations! Here’s an inside look at the special offerings:
- Special Fireworks: “The Heartbeat of Freedom” What would a 4th of July celebration be without fireworks? And Epcot has the best show around! It starts at 9 p.m. with a performance of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which concludes with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale. This one-night-only fireworks extravaganza unites music from great American composers with more pyrotechnics than Guests can imagine!
- Voices of Liberty – An Epcot tradition for more than 35 years, this legendary a cappella group will perform a series of special evening concerts of great American songs in the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Joining the Voices of Liberty on stage will be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, dressed for the occasion in their special “Spirit of ‘76” attire. Guests can also catch Voices of Liberty performing special patriotic songs in the rotunda of The American Adventure at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Disney Characters – During the day, Guests will have the opportunity to get a special photo with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale, all wearing their patriotic best, right outside The American Adventure pavilion.
- Specialty Foods – Guests can add some flavor to their celebration with all-American foods throughout the park. There will be decadent red, white and blue cupcakes available at Fountain View and Sunshine Seasons, where they can also nosh on their yummy BBQ pork sandwich. Refreshment Port will have specially decorated croissant doughnuts (Who can resist those?!) and Liberty Inn has got Guests covered with the all-American burger, southern fried chicken sandwich, apple pie cheesecake and –just for the 4th – a slice of watermelon!
- The American Adventure – This epic attraction, another Epcot original, has recently been updated with an all-digital projection system, a new screen, new speakers and an all-new recording of the iconic “Golden Dream” anthem. And look for new faces added to the show’s finale including composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and noted ballerina Misty Copeland.
Enjoy Disney’s Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky on July 3rd and 4th at 9:15 pm! See beautiful fireworks in the sky and special effects on Cinderella’s Castle.
Also around the Magic Kingdom will be DJ Hosted dance parties from 7 pm to midnight on both the 3rd and the 4th in Frontierland and Tomorrowland. Dance the night away with both contemporary songs as well as tunes themed to the lands.
Universal Studios Orlando
Starting at 5 pm on July 4th, Universal Studios Orlando will host special entertainment to celebrate, including a live performance from the band Raydio, award-winning DJ M-Squared spinning hits and a special dance party with Universal’s beloved characters.
Fireworks begin at 9 pm, and the park will stay open until 10 pm to keep the Independence Day fun going until late!
Outside of the Theme Parks
Trying to avoid the busy theme park crowds? This website has compiled all of the events happening in the Central Florida area for the 4th!
Thinking about planning your Orlando vacation and need some assistance with where to stay? Contact us today, our dedicated reservations team is here 7 days a week to help you plan the vacation of your dreams today!
Until the next blog post, have a magical day!