Here at Magical Vacation Homes, we know that capturing your magical memories is an essential part of your vacation. From Snapchat selfies to professional family portraits, everyone has their own favorite way of documenting their trip. If you’re headed to the Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks on your Orlando vacation, chances are you will see PhotoPass photographers taking pictures of you with characters or in front of landmarks like Cinderella’s Castle. Keep reading to learn more about Disney Photopass Day 2018 and how to submit your Orlando vacation photos for your chance to win a free 7 night stay in a magical rental home.
Disney PhotoPass Day 2018
Disney PhotoPass Day 2018, happening Sunday, August 19th, 2018, is a great way to celebrate this awesome service to have professional photos taken of your family on vacation. If you will be in the theme parks on August 19, 2018, there will be some unique photo opportunities to celebrate!
Special photo ops include rare characters, like meeting Pinocchio in Magic Kingdom, or some villains like Cruella de Vil and Jafar at Epcot. There will also be special photo props and “Magic Shots” to enhance your fun family vacation photos. Start your day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park for some awesome Pixar photo props from Up and Finding Nemo, then head to Hollywood Studios at night for a special Beauty and the Beast light painting photo opportunity.
This special event has photo opportunities starting at park open in the morning at 9 am and lasting until 8 pm, but be sure to check each park’s times guide for special character meeting times.
#MagicalStays Photo Contest
Can’t join us at the Disney Theme Parks for PhotoPass day? No need to worry, you can still join in on the photo fun by sharing your Orlando vacation memories with us for our #MagicalStays Photo Contest! The winner of this Magical Contest will receive a FREE 7 Night Stay in RVH_520, The Fun House at Reunion. Enter for your chance to make more magical memories here in Orlando in this amazing house with custom kids bedrooms, a super home movie theater,
Enter our contest by submitting your photo HERE, or heading over to our Facebook page to enter! Vote for your favorite Orlando area vacation photo once a day until September 30th, 2018. Share with friends and family to get as many votes as possible to win your 7 night stay at The Fun House at Reunion!
Here at Magical Vacation Homes, we know what it takes to make your vacation extra magical. If you’re looking at planning your Orlando vacation and are looking for advice on where to stay, contact our Reservations Team either by phone at 1-866-991-3158 or email [email protected].
Until the next blog post, we hope you have a magical day!
According to AAA Travel, Orlando is the #1 destination for travel this 4th of July! It’s easy to see why, especially when we have theme parks known for their awe-inspiring fireworks spectaculars happening nightly! If you’re planning to be at the theme parks or in the Orlando area for Independence Day celebrations this July 4th, we’ve put together a guide for you!
Our first Magical tip: the theme parks fill up very fast on the 4th of July, so be sure to keep that in mind when you are planning your day! There will be heavy crowds, so plan for long wait times for rides and characters and make sure to scope out your fireworks spot early!
Epcot is the #1 spot for Independence Day celebrations! Here’s an inside look at the special offerings:
- Special Fireworks: “The Heartbeat of Freedom” What would a 4th of July celebration be without fireworks? And Epcot has the best show around! It starts at 9 p.m. with a performance of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which concludes with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale. This one-night-only fireworks extravaganza unites music from great American composers with more pyrotechnics than Guests can imagine!
- Voices of Liberty – An Epcot tradition for more than 35 years, this legendary a cappella group will perform a series of special evening concerts of great American songs in the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Joining the Voices of Liberty on stage will be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, dressed for the occasion in their special “Spirit of ‘76” attire. Guests can also catch Voices of Liberty performing special patriotic songs in the rotunda of The American Adventure at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Disney Characters – During the day, Guests will have the opportunity to get a special photo with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale, all wearing their patriotic best, right outside The American Adventure pavilion.
- Specialty Foods – Guests can add some flavor to their celebration with all-American foods throughout the park. There will be decadent red, white and blue cupcakes available at Fountain View and Sunshine Seasons, where they can also nosh on their yummy BBQ pork sandwich. Refreshment Port will have specially decorated croissant doughnuts (Who can resist those?!) and Liberty Inn has got Guests covered with the all-American burger, southern fried chicken sandwich, apple pie cheesecake and –just for the 4th – a slice of watermelon!
- The American Adventure – This epic attraction, another Epcot original, has recently been updated with an all-digital projection system, a new screen, new speakers and an all-new recording of the iconic “Golden Dream” anthem. And look for new faces added to the show’s finale including composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and noted ballerina Misty Copeland.
Enjoy Disney’s Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky on July 3rd and 4th at 9:15 pm! See beautiful fireworks in the sky and special effects on Cinderella’s Castle.
Also around the Magic Kingdom will be DJ Hosted dance parties from 7 pm to midnight on both the 3rd and the 4th in Frontierland and Tomorrowland. Dance the night away with both contemporary songs as well as tunes themed to the lands.
Universal Studios Orlando
Starting at 5 pm on July 4th, Universal Studios Orlando will host special entertainment to celebrate, including a live performance from the band Raydio, award-winning DJ M-Squared spinning hits and a special dance party with Universal’s beloved characters.
Fireworks begin at 9 pm, and the park will stay open until 10 pm to keep the Independence Day fun going until late!
Outside of the Theme Parks
Trying to avoid the busy theme park crowds? This website has compiled all of the events happening in the Central Florida area for the 4th!
Thinking about planning your Orlando vacation and need some assistance with where to stay? Contact us today, our dedicated reservations team is here 7 days a week to help you plan the vacation of your dreams today!
Until the next blog post, have a magical day!
Walt Disney World’s highly anticipated Toy Story Land is opening up this summer at Hollywood Studios. Beginning June 30th, 2018, guests are invited to shrink down to toys and play in Andy’s backyard with two new attractions, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers, in addition to Woody’s Lunch Box, a delicious new dining location.
The Slinky Dog Dash is a family-friendly coaster that will take you up, down and twisting all around the new land. Alien Swirling Saucers promises an out-of-this-world interstellar spin in a toy rocket with the little green aliens. These new attractions join the fan-favorite Midway Mania ride, a 4D “Ride ‘n’ Blast” shootin’ game.
After all of these exciting rides, have a bite to eat at Woody’s Lunch Box, a quick-service dining location serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The menu features classic comfort food with a twist, including S’ mores French Toast, “Totchos” (Chili Cheese Tater Tot Nachos), Soda Floats and Lunch Box Tarts for dessert.
Keep the fun going all vacation by staying in one of our custom-built themed rooms, like this one in a beautiful 5 bedroom Windsor Hills Resort home, with a ball pit, slide and TVs in the bunk beds!
Until the next blog post, we hope you have a Magical Day!