For the past 13 years, we at Magical Vacation Homes have continuously worked to put our people first. Whether its the Magical staff or our thousands of guests from across the world, our top priority has always been to provide a clean and welcoming environment at every vacation rental we manage.
The cleanliness of our vacation rentals has, and always will be, held to the highest standards in the vacation rental industry. Keeping your vacation rental clean amid COVID-19 (and beyond) is no different and it’s our top priority to exceed the business standards in order to ensure your home and vacation is a worry-free one.
VRHP/VRMA Cleaning Guidelines
As we are following the recommended cleaning guidelines from the Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals (VRHP) and Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA), we’ve begun an increasingly rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocol. These protocols protect both our guests and our staff, delivering peace-of-mind to everyone.
To provide our guests with more insight on what we’re doing before and during arrival and post departure, we’ve laid out a guide of our current practices below.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Usage
- For the safety of our staff (including housekeepers, inspectors, maintenance technicians, etc.), we are providing them with facemasks and gloves during all vacation rental visits, whether internal or external visits. All staff has been properly trained in correct mask and glove usage.
- Gloves will be changed between properties and during any in-property tasks. Our staff will wash their hands as soon as gloves are removed and between glove use.
- Any of our team members who arrive at work showing signs of illness, experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, or have come into contact with a person suspected of having the virus will be sent home and recommended to have themselves tested. Once we receive confirmation that this individual is healthy, we will welcome them back into our offices to continue serving our guests.
Cleaning and Disinfection Procedures
Gloves will be worn at all times while in the home and our staff will sanitize their hands both prior and post home clean in order to ensure no bacteria is spread.
Our team will also pay careful attention to high-touch surfaces including (but not limited to):
- Stair railings
- Remote controls
- Television buttons
- Sliding door handles
- Touch screens
- Kitchen appliances and fixtures
- Light switches
All of these surfaces will be cleaned with hospital-grade, EPA-approved disinfectants to ensure that they are disinfected to the highest standards.
- Once these homes have been cleaned, our usual pre-arrival inspections will be performed to confirm that the villa meets the standards we have set. This final inspection confirms if a villa is show-ready and able to welcome its newest guests, making our procedures as thorough as possible.
Virtual Maintenance Assistance and On-site Maintenance
- All of our staff who may have to be on-site during your vacation have been properly trained on social distancing procedures, however, we have implemented new ways to lessen the chances that the maintenance team has to visit any properties currently housing guests.
- As part of our steps to provide guests the best service while maintaining a social distance, we are now beginning all troubleshooting via Zoom Chat. This will allow our team to troubleshoot any home issues with the guests. If any such case is not resolved from a virtual standpoint, the next steps will be taken for our staff or third-party vendors to visit the property.
- If any maintenance staff must enter the home while guests are in-house, maintenance will be protected in PPE throughout the visit. Our maintenance or third-party vendors may ask guests for the room or area to be clear from guests in order to perform their maintenance duties. This is for the safety of both our guests and staff members.
Virtual Welcome Meet & Greet
It is extremely important to us that guests get full usage of their vacation home. With that in mind, we have implemented a new Virtual Welcome Meet & Greet system via Zoom Chat, designed to give guests the chance to learn about their in-home amenities such as the Sonos music system, in-home theater rooms, and more.
Guests can opt-in for a Virtual Welcome Meet & Greet upon check-in and can choose a time that fits them best. Once scheduled, a member of our Magical Team will reach out virtually during the allocated timeframe to assist the guests with any questions they may have, and most importantly, welcome them to their home away from home.
All of these updated rules are being implemented into our cleaning standards to ensure you and your family have a clean and comfortable home upon arrival. We thank you all for your ever-continuing patience and kindness during these times, and we cannot wait to have you back again! From all of us at Magical, we hope to welcome you into one of our clean Magical homes very soon and we wish good health and safety to you and your families.
For more information regarding any cleaning updates from Magical Vacation Homes, please refer to our VRMA SafeHome page.